It’s easy to envision how a blog can turn into a book; blog posts are a natural first step toward authorship. But what about doing things the other way around, and starting a blog based on your popular book? That’s exactly what Rekaya Gibson did. This author of six books (and counting!) shares the story of how she became a blogger and a prolific author in Episode 23 of the Blogger to Author Podcast.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Rekaya has authored six (yes, six!) books
- The mindset writers need to become successful authors
- How Rekaya turned her book The Food Temptress into a successful food blog
- Why writing a book might not be for everyone
- How she built a successful blog by listening to what her readers wanted
- How Rekaya’s books and blog helped her launch her freelance writing career
Free 5-Step Guide to Creating Your First Nonfiction Book
Enter your email below to get the free nonfiction book creation guide sent straight to your inbox.
Rekaya Gibson has penned six books including a young adult, Mama Don’t Like Ugly, and a cookbook, Cooking on a Dollar Store Budget. She is a regular contributor to Cuisine Noir Magazine; and maintains a food blog based on her first fiction novel, The Food Temptress. She has contributed content for Amtrak, Writer’s Digest Books, and various lifestyle magazines. When Rekaya is not freelance writing, she is talking sports on her weekly podcast, Black Girls Talk Sports, or exploring Virginia’s 200+ wineries.
[Tweet “Learn how your #book can help you launch a successful #blog and biz w/ @RekayaGibson!”]
Where you can find Rekaya:
BUY REKAYA’S BOOKS!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOGGER TO AUTHOR PODCAST
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Blogger to Author Podcast on iTunes and rate it! You can also catch the Blogger to Author Podcast on Google Play and Stitcher.