In this episode of the Blogger to Author Podcast, I’m incredibly honored to feature an interview with Katy Widrick. Katy has been blogging for over a decade and has turned her passion for storytelling through her blog into a successful full-time business. She, to quote her, turned her “hobby into a jobby” where she helps fellow bloggers grow their businesses and connect more deeply with their audiences. She’s an expert on all things blogging, social media, and content creation, and she shares some great tips for how you can grow your blog and business with your book, just like she did.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why you don’t have to have it all figured out to be a successful blogger or business owner
- How sharing your knowledge freely can help you build a business
- Katy’s tips for writing an incredibly successful, engaging newsletter
- Tips for showing your audience that you’re truly an expert in your niche
- The mindset shift you should make to successfully start and ramp up your business
- How to come up with a great idea for a business
- Why Katy decided to write an eBook and how she came up with her topic (HINT: It’s one of the smartest ways to figure out what you should write your book about!)
- A great strategy for making sure that you provide value to any clients or customers you work with
- How to organize your blog or website so that it actually serves your readers
Free 5-Step Guide to Creating Your First Nonfiction Book
Enter your email below to get the free nonfiction book creation guide sent straight to your inbox.
Katy Widrick is a personal trainer and group fitness instructor as well as the owner of Make Media Over LLC, a consulting and managed services company for bloggers, online influencers and small business owners. She lives in St. Petersburg, Florida with her husband and two daughters and when she’s not training for triathlons, she’s probably binge-watching The West Wing or Scandal. Find her at makemediaover.com or on social media @kwidrick.
[Tweet “Learn @kwidrick’s tips for making your blog your job, and how a book can help you do it!”]
Where you can find Katy:
FREE WEBSITE AUDIT
Katy makes good money walking her clients through a website audit so they can reach their audience more effectively. We’re all in luck because she’s making her audit checklist available to us for FREE! Click here to download Katy’s DIY Website Audit Checklist.
GET KATY’S BOOK!
Get your copy of Make Your Old Content New Again!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOGGER TO AUTHOR PODCAST
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Blogger to Author Podcast on iTunes and rate it! You can also catch the Blogger to Author Podcast on Google Play and Stitcher.