Many business owners and bloggers are tempted to write a book because they see the potential for how that book can help them grow their business. But, sometimes they’re a little unsure exactly what that would look like, or exactly how a book is going to bring in more clients. They’re unsure of the ROI. That’s why I like to bring you stories from authors who have written and published books that really helped them take their businesses to the next level. That’s what I have for you in this episode.
I am very thrilled and honored to be featuring an interview with business coach, expert, and #1 bestselling author Christine McAlister. Christine leveraged her self-published book, The Income Replacement Formula: Seven Simple Steps To Doing What You Love And Making Six Figures From Anywhere, to get more visibility, land more clients, and drastically increase her income, too. In our interview, we talk about her writing and publishing process and exactly how she used her book to grow her business and get more clients. You’ll also get some great tips for thinking strategically about your business-building book to make sure your book is successful.
If you have a service-based business and you are either thinking about or are currently writing your book, you’re going to get a lot of great tips from this episode. And, I think it will really inspire you to see exactly how a book will help you get more clients and grow your business, which will motivate you to keep writing and actually publish your book. You’re going to get a lot out of this interview!
WHAT’S IN THE EPISODE?
Here are some of the highlights of what Christine and I talked about in our interview:
- 2:28 All about Christine and her business
- 3:29 Why Christine decided to write her book
- 6:32 Christine’s writing process for The Income Replacement Formula (and a shoutout to all of our fellow INFJs)
- 10:27 How Christine found her editor and self-published her book (what her process looked like)
- 13:06 Why it’s important to find the RIGHT editor for your book
- 15:34 Why Christine chose to self-publish her book instead of traditional publishing
- 19:06 An important mindset that Christine made in relation to her book
- 19:25 Setting the right expectations for your book
- 21:56 How Christine’s book has helped her build and grow her business
- 23:33 Having a book gave Christine the confidence she needed to take some big steps with her business
- 24:41 How Christine got more clients using her book, and how her sales funnel is set up relative to her book
- 29:39 The most effective strategies that Christine used to market and promote her book (including how she set up her launch team for success)
- 35:22 Christine’s top advice to anyone who wants to write a book to build their business
- 37:12 Why you should pick up a copy of The Income Replacement Formula
- 38:06 The audiobook trend and why you might consider creating an audiobook version of your book
- 39:21 Where you can connect with Christine and learn more about how she can help you grow a 6-figure (or more!) business
MORE ABOUT CHRISTINE MCALISTER
Christine McAlister is an entrepreneur, business coach and the author of the #1 bestseller The Income Replacement Formula: Seven Simple Steps To Doing What You Love And Making Six Figures From Anywhere.
An expert on turning tragedy into triumph, she founded her company, Life With Passion, after the full-term stillbirth of her first daughter, Maeve.
She’s been featured in Inc., Business Insider, The Huffington Post, and the Entrepreneurs On Fire podcast. Christine helps high-achievers all over the world to replace their incomes (and then some!), and to quit and stay out of their 9-5s, by building businesses out of their passions.
Christine and her husband and 2 “rainbow babies” live with their 2 rescue dogs, near their Arabian horses, in Louisville, Kentucky.
WHERE TO FIND CHRISTINE ONLINE
GET YOUR FREE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE INCOME REPLACEMENT FORMULA
Christine is generously giving away the first chapter of her book, The Income Replacement Formula: Seven Simple Steps To Doing What You Love And Making Six Figures From Anywhere! Click here to get it!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOGGER TO AUTHOR PODCAST
Don’t forget to subscribe to and rate the Blogger to Author Podcast on Apple Podcasts! You can also catch the Blogger to Author Podcast on Google Play and Stitcher.